Friday, June 8, 2018

Time



     “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” Harvey Mackay

  So much can be accomplished in a single day, and yet it's so easy to waste an entire day.  What is valuable to include in the time we've been given, and what is not? What is fluff and what is depth? How do we balance both what is enjoyable and what is important?  These questions are always good to ask ourselves so we don't lose ourselves in the daily rigmarole of life.   What is fun in the moment will not last, but those conversations we had with our families over dinner, or the verses we read in God's Word will last us forever.


     For the past week or two, I haven't read my Bible or prayed as I should.  I didn't make a point to set aside time for it, therefore my Bible collected dust.  Then the other day I realized I felt far away and out of touch with God. The answer was simple; I hadn't spent much time with Him.  As my Mom has told me, your relationship with God likens itself to relationships with people.  When you desire to get to know someone, you spend time with them, ask them questions, and seek them out.  You can want to grow close to someone all you want, but if you don't make the time to do so, the relationship will not grow.


     The Bible tells us to 'redeem our time for the days are evil'.  How are we redeeming our time?  Do we make time for our siblings?  Do they know we love them?  Do we give to those around us in difficult circumstances?  Are we there for our friends? Do we work hard?  Are we continuing to learn?  Are we praying?  Reading our Bibles?  What will people say of us when we are gone?  Will they say we used our time wisely???


Cheers,

~ Katherine ~

2 comments:

  1. This was wonderful, Katherine, and exactly what I needed today. Now, I'm off to go make this day count and be useful instead of sitting here on the computer. Thanks ever so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Sarah; thank you! I just came back from vacation with some new resolutions on using my time better, so we'l do it together!

    ReplyDelete