Saturday, December 19, 2020

IT'S THE LAST WEEK!


Yes!  We are at the last four chapters!!! 

We finally can get to hear the end of this thrilling book which has taken us on an emotional roller coaster these past few weeks! 

 Let's quick find out what happens!



Well that was wonderful!! Are you now feeling in the mood to devour any and all Scarlet Pimpernel related things??? Down below are links to several of the movie versions that we found on YouTube, and the book Grace mentioned at the end of the video. Enjoy!




Starring Anthony Andrews & Jane Seymour

The Scarlet Pimpernel (1943)

Starring Leslie Howard


WW2 Scarlet Pimpernel Re-telling

"Pimpernel" Smith


The Scarlet and The Black

(I couldn't find a trailer,but seriously watch this one!)


Scarlet Pimpernel Book Retelling

Rook by Sharon Cameron


Our Dream Cast Ideas


Matt Smith as Sir Percy


or Aldis Hodge


Richard Armitage as Chauvalin


or Julian Richings



Lilly James as Marguerite


or Kiera Knightley



Fan Art/ Collages

Our dearest of dear friends, Chalice and Grace (Lionhearted Art) surprised us by creating some Amazing fan art for our Read-Along, which we will now display in all it's GLORY!!!







~~~~~~~~~
And our own humble works!






~The End~

9 comments:

  1. You girls did a fantastic job on this read along!!! I think it's such a perfect ending to the book. I enjoyed all of your posts so much!! And it was super fun to read this book again this year. The other day I realized that I think Lily Collins would play the perfect Marguerite for how I see the character. I don't know about Sir Percy... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming along for the ride, Grace! Oooh, Lily Collins could do the job nicely! I do wish they make a modern adaption sometime in the near future! Thanks again for all your support!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much, Grace! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I really enjoyed re-reading this book, too! I think that you could be right on Lily Collins playing Marguerite - I haven't seen any of her movies myself, but looks-wise - she looks the part! :) Yes, Sir Percy does need someone particularly special, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this was so much fun!! I can't believe that it is over!! Thank you, girls, for hosting this and doing all the hard work reading it.

    I must say I was surprised by the ending! I was betting that the "old Jew" was Sir Andrew instead of Sir Percy! That was unexpected, lol!

    Oh, you're casting options are fantastic! I've never seen Matt Smith in anything (well, that's a lie, I have actually seen all of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but I don't remember him), but he looks good for the part, and Aldis Hodge would be good, too. But, my favorite idea is one that you mentioned in the video: Jonas Armstrong!! I love the BBC Robin Hood, so I approve. Plus, it would be amazing to see him outwit Richard Armitage again! Because, Richard Armitage would be THE PERFECT Chauvalin. Both Lily James and Keira Knightley would play Marguerite well. I think that Daisy Ridley would be great, too.

    Thanks for the mention in the video! That was sweet of you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis such sweet sorrow now that the book is over! Oh that's great! I never suspected the Jew as being Sir Andrew, but I was wondering where in the world the other Jew was supposed to be!
      Thanks! Matt Smith play Mr. Collins in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. You are braver than I to watch it, but from the clips I've seen it looks... interesting. Mr. Smith's Mr Collins was HILARIOUS!!!
      Oh yeah, I forgot to include Jonas Armstrong! T'would be fun to see him and Richard Armitage team up again. Did you watch all 3 seasons of the BBC Robin Hood? What did you think of the ending?
      I've only ever heard Daisy Ridley sing, but I'm sure she would be good as well!
      Of course we had to mention our dear "She Who Comments Faithfully"!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! You kept us going!!!

      Delete
    2. So sorry it's taken me this long to reply, MovieCritic! You are so so welcome - it was very fun!
      That would have been so funny if it had been Sir Andrew! He really got "forgotten" till his reappearance at the end! :)
      Oh, so glad you like the casting options! Yes - Grace loves Jonas Armstrong in Robin Hood! And yes - I would love to see Richard Armitage as Chauvelin too! Yes, Daisy Ridley would be intriguing option!
      Thank you so much for reading this book with us!

      Delete
  4. Oh, and all the fan art and collages are brilliant! You and your friends did beautiful jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, my goodness they are VERY talented!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Yes, Chalice and Grace are quite talented ladies!

      Delete