Thursday, March 25, 2021

Another Blog Party??

 

Hey, ya'll! 

What's new with you this week? Us here have been busy as bees, cleaning and getting all the chametz (yeast) out of the house for Passover this weekend!  Through the process, Grace has become quite shocked after seeing the entourage of chips and crumbs hidden underneath the couch cushions, and my little (not so little) cake decorating cabinet has now been put to rights after the mess it was in!  Huzzah!

Ok, the reason I've called you all here today, is to ask your opinion on a certain issue that has come across our charts.



......Ok, fine, there are no charts.....But there is an issue!

.....Ok, fine, there's no issue either!

I've just had an idea for months and I'd like to see what you all think.




Are you ready for this??  Alrighty.

I've been nagging Grace... 



.....about wanting to host a blog party of our own as it's been so much fun to participate in the ongoing parties that others have hosted (i.e. Cordy's Lovely Blog Party)!

 


And now after thinking and discussing and hashing out the details with Grace, I'd like to share an idea for a party with you all to see if you would be interested.

I want to host a...........












































a KAROKE BLOGATHON!!!


WOOH!!










And what is a Karoke Blogathon, you may ask??


Well, this would be a blog party or blogathon where participants would sing a cover of a song and post a video or the audio of their recording on their blogs for everyone to enjoy!


 This particular party would be Musical themed,

because, musicals are just the best!

And as far as rules for this hypothetical party, we would be requiring that all submissions be family-friendly, free of language, innuendo, and anything else of an inappropriate nature. I would post an extensive list of song ideas for inspiration, but basically don't choose a song you wouldn't sing or play in front of your ENTIRE family. I'm talking your 

Mom


Dad


Sisters


Brothers


Grandmother


Grandfather


Crazy Uncle


and your little, cute, adorable nieces and nephews who are innocent as the driven snow!




Well.....what do you think??  Any takers??  

Come on, everyone!  You know you love to sing, whether it's while doing the dishes after supper, or mixing up a batch of  cookies...also in the kitchen! 

*let's just admit that the kitchen is the place to sing, people - it's probably scientifically proven or something*

Just think, you finally have an excuse to take up that microphone, and sing your heart out on one of your all time favorite songs!  




Ok, time for the moment of truth!  You've heard my sales pitch .....now what do you think??  

Would any of you be interested in participating in a party like this?

Anyone....anyone at all??


And by the way this answer is not allowed:

 

Alright, enough pressure...

but I will be unfollowing your blog if you say no.

Give me your feedback in the comments and tell me if you are interested in doing a Karoke Blogathon: Musical Edition, or if you know someone who is - a friend, a sibling, all your friends, all your siblings!

SPREAD THE WORD!!


Thanks so much,

Katherine



P.S. Incidentally, have you heard that according to Healthline.com, singing has health benefits???

11 comments:

  1. *looks around nervously* Well, I definitely don't sing *gently pushes away dagger pointed at neck* *clears throat* BUT, this post's energy rubbed off on me. I maaaaaaay have been able to convince my sister to do something with me IF you guys decide to do this. If other people do, too, you know. When I asked my sister, her exact words were: "Yes! Tell them absolutely! Woohoo!" We will eagerly look forward to whether or not you guys decide to host this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGHHH!!!! I'm officially a fan of your sister! I second that Woohoo!! Ok, we shall keep you posted, but we hope we can go ahead with it as it would just be so much fun! THank you so much, MovieCritic! You've made my day!

      Delete
    2. YAY, I'm so happy you are your sister are willing to participate!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!! This is SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! Musicals?! Absolutely!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't sing, but I'll be interested in hearing what those who can sing post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gifs in this post were top notch and you certainly don't have to beg me to participate in anything having to do with musicals. :D I would definitely love to participate!!! <3 You girls just come up with the best ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! You are too kind, Sarah! I am getting really excited about this!

      Delete