Tuesday, April 7, 2020

The Blue Castle Read-Along - Chapters One & Two



Hello, fellow bibliophiles! Ready to dive right in? Let's do it!



Grace's Thoughts:
First of all I'd like to say, "What a way to start a book!" It sucks you right in with the mystery of possibility.  Honestly, my major thought beyond that was "Poor Valancy and what horrid relatives"! I love L.M Montgomery's description of each of these characters; they all come to life so vividly, and their nuances come right off the page! And the names, I mean Cousin Stickles?? My mom laughed right out loud at that one! The ending of Chapter Two, just feels so real, "in this mood Valency went down to breakfast." You never know what goes on in a body's head before they greet you in the morning, so give them some grace!



Katherine's Thoughts:

I have two words to sum up my feelings on the first two chapters.....Poor Valancy!  Oh, it's terrible how they treat her!  I've come to loathe Valancy's ugly room as she does, and I have a love-hate relationship with her family and their antics!  They almost sound like Mrs. Bennet's relatives!  Seriously though, how can you not like a name like Cousin Stickles??  I can just picture her.....tall, thin, "spectacled", a hawk-like nose, dreary clothes....well, anyway you catch my drift. 😀
I like this Doctor Trent, Valancy tried to go see - and yes, perhaps it is for the same reason Valancy does! 😀  All in all, I'm looking forward to the next two chapters!





Your Thoughts:

Don't let us do all the talking!  Weigh in with your thoughts on the first two chapters, below in the comments!!  We are dying to hear what you have to say on the subject!  'Let us take a turn about the room'....and you can tell us what you thought....



7 comments:

  1. I don't have a copy of this book in my library *cough hint to Lia cough* but I do remember that first chapter vividly. I definitely sympathized with Valancy right off the bat - especially with the ugly room bit. I had an ugly room too for over 15 years and how I hated it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you poor dear! Katherine found a place you can read it online if that works for you!
      http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200951h.html

      Delete

      Delete
    2. ok ok Catherine, i'm working on it ;p :D

      Delete
  2. I finally finished the first two chapters! Man, what took me so long? Anyway, I love Valency's thoughts of a "Blue Castle" already and I hope that she can get it back. Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! So glad your with us, Movie Critic! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Yay, MovieCritic!! Your so welcome - so glad you are here to enjoy this book with us!!

      Delete