Monday, November 4, 2019

An Award Hath Been Awarded!



Hello all, we do apologize for our absence this past month... or two?? We have been super busy with Chicken Butchering, garden wind down, family and everyday life! Anyways a bit back our good friend Chalice over at Lionhearted Art has nominated us for the above mentioned Sunshine Blogger Award! YAY!!!!!

The Rules.... because they're important!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them. Thanks so much Chalice, the link to her blog is above ;)
2. List the rules and display award logo on your blog post.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
4. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their blog posts.
5. Ask the Nominees 11 new questions.

Let's get to it!
1. What's you favorite road trip CD?
Katherine: The "At Home in Mitford" Radio Drama from Focus on the Family! I love the amusing dialogue of this story, it just makes me smile!
Grace: We like to listen to Radio Dramas or recorded books on our road trips and one of our favorites is Deadline by Randy Alcorn. Mom and Dad listened to it on an anniversary trip to Quebec City, Canada and they didn't want to get out of the car for gas or anything it was so riveting!

2. If you could have lunch and talk with anyone on earth (that you haven't already met), who would you choose?
Katherine: Julie Andrews, I  could get the inside scoop on the making of The Sound of Music!!!!!
Grace: My great-grandfather Josef Avender and Ludmilla Avender my great- grandmother . He passed away when my Dad was a baby and I think it would be really neat to hear about his life in Yugoslavia before he moved the family over here. My great-grandmother passed before her husband and I would love to hear her stories about raising 5 girls, and just everyday living for her. There is much of my family's history I don't know and would really like to.

3. What is a Bible verse/chapter that helped you get through a hard time?
Katherine: John 14:27- "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
Grace: Isaiah 40 has been my INSPIRATION this past year. Our God is so AMAZING and has done, is doing, and will continue to do so much for us, who am I to doubt Him when it comes to my difficulties?

4. Would you rather act in a movie or in a play?
Katherine: A play, because I wouldn't have so many people around with camera's, microphones ect. and also I get a final bow in the end!
Grace: I would much rather be in a play. I have such respect for stage actors; they have to show the same emotion and feeling each and every night and memorize all their lines and choreography too... Yikes! I would love to be an extra in Fiddler on the Roof or Les Miserables or Ooooh, one of the brides in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! I could do very well running and screaming across the stage!!!
5. What's something people seem to misunderstand about you?
Katherine: The fact that my eyes are blue... they ARE BLUE, PEOPLE!!!!!!
Grace: I honestly have no idea! 

6. What would your perfect day look like?
Katherine: A stack of pre-baked cakes, bowls of pre-made Buttercream frosting, tips and piping bags laid out just so, a pantry full of embellishments all ready for me to cake decorate!
Grace: A cool crisp day, the people I love happy, a campfire, children laughing and playing games, working together on the farm, good conversation and good food.

7. What's one of your favorite quotes?
Katherine: "A party without cake is just a meeting." Julia Child
Grace: 
"Had I not fallen,
I could not have arisen;
Had I not sat in Darkness,
God could not have been a Light for me."
Midrash Tellihim 22

8. Hello in there... Hey! What's so important? What you got here that's worth living for?
Katherine: True Love?
Grace: True love!!!!... when it get's here!!!!

9. What's a movie that always makes you cry?
Katherine: I don't have a movie that always makes me cry. but I did cry when we watched Homeward Bound the first time. Poor Shadow!
Grace: I don't really cry during movies, (it's very frustrating), but I do usually cry at the ending of Testament of Youth. Roland... poor poor Roland... you deserved so much better.
10. What's something that always makes you smile?
Katherine: Seeing my family happy.
Grace: Katherine does this thing where she's trying to make herself laugh by fake laughing and it always gets me even if it doesn't work on her! It's just sooooo funny!

11. What is an obscure talent that you have?
Katherine: I can do a pretty good impression of Mrs. Thornton from North and South!
Grace: Getting everyone out the door! I grab the purse, phone, keys, water/coffee bottles, the Bibles ( for Church or Bible Study, the food we're bringing, stuff to return or lend out and by the time that's all done, everyone else is pretty much ready to go. It's funny when I go over to Jane's house and naturally gather children, snacks, purse, keys and phone for her and she's doesn't know what to do with herself since she just has to get into the car!!

We nominate
Pioneer Girl @ The Tearoom
Sarah @ The Life of a Homeschooler
Natalie @ Starry Eyes
Movie Critic @ Movies Meet Their Match
Amaris @ The Storybook Journal
Catherine @ The Rebelling Muse
Anyone Who Wishes They Were Awarded!

11 Questions for you to ponder

1. If you could design a room what would it be?
2. What countries are represented in your family history?
3. What is your favorite flower?
4. Have you ever listened to Adventures in Odyssey? If so, who is your favorite character?
5. If you could remove a common trend in our society what would it be?
6. If you could implement a common trend into our society what would it be?
7. Would you rather be cast as a hero or villain?
8. What is your greatest fear?
9. What is one thing you wish people knew about you?
10. What is something you've discovered about yourself this year?
11. Are you a Black and White person or more Grey?


This was so much fun, Chalice you picked REALLY good questions! Thanks again for tagging us,

Fare thee all well,


6 comments:

  1. I love all your answers Grace and Katherine! It was so fun to read. I especially like your answers to 2 & 4. I have only seen Princess Bride 1 /2 times so I almost didn't understand the reference, but it just took me a minute. XD <3. Thank you so much for tagging me! I'm honored! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! We can't wait to read your answers!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for tagging me! That is such a neat story about your great-grandparents. Grace, I'm like you in that I would absolutely love to be in Fiddler on the Roof! Katherine, I have blue eyes, too! *high five* Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome, MovieCritic! Thanks so much! Yay! *receives high five* Blue eyes are the best!

      Delete
  3. This was sweet to read! And thanks for the tag, Katherine and Grace!!! Unfortunately I think I'll have to pass it up for now due to time constraints but I appreciate the tag!!! ♥ Thanks a bunch! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! Your welcome on the tag, and sure, we understand- time is everything! :)

      Delete