Sunday, March 31, 2019

WINNER REVEALED!!!!!!


Good Mornin' Ya'll!


We want to thank everyone who participated in our 
Period Movie Quote Matchup!
We are so appreciative that you took the time and we loved reading your entries!

So here are the correct answers:

#1- "The Bishop is coming!"
Thomas Brown in Lark Rise to Candleford

#2- "That ceiling is very crooked!"
Mr Palmer in Sense and Sensibility (2008)

#3- "I would marry the lowliest girl in
 the village if I loved her!"
Dick Dewey in Under the Greenwood Tree

#4- "Isn't it a tidy sum?"
Sir Louis Scatchard in Dr. Thorne

#5- "You are a very difficult woman!"
The King of Siam in The King and I

#6- "I'm not saying she was very silly, I'm saying one of us was very silly, and it wasn't me."
Squire Hamley in Wives and Daughters

#7- "I see now what begins as a dream can end as a nightmare!"
Marguerite St. Just in The Scarlet Pimpernel

#8- "It looks like rain!"
Leonardo DaVinci in Ever After

#9- "This is very bad wine."
Monsieur Rigaud in Little Dorrit

#10- "I hope you know that any foolish passion on my part is entirely over; I'm looking to the future."
John Thornton in North and South

#11- "Isn't butter Divinity?"
Amy March in Little Women (1994)

#12- "I wouldn't marry a man that was really wicked, but I think I'd like it if he could be wicked and wouldn't."
Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables the Sequel

#13- "No! I don't like fairy beasts!"
Bertram Potter in Miss Potter  

Well, that's all, folks! Thank you so much for your....Oh yeah, there is a winner, isn't there?....well, that doesn't really matter does it? We're all winners these days, right? WRONG!!!!!!

The winner is...












Is......















(Tee hee hee) IS....









IS
Sid Hughes!!!!!!
(aka. AlwaysAbby!!!)

Congratulations!  We will contact you directly to deliver your prize, my dear!

Again, thank you all for you answers!


We really enjoyed hosting this giveaway, and are already planning another soon, so stay tuned!!
Let's charge into this new year prepared for adventure!!!


Fare Thee Well!

Grace & Katherine

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I love Singin' in the Rain! It is my favorite movie of all time.

    Wow, so I did really poorly. XD It is about time that I rewatched these... I did get one right (#12), and I was thinking of #8 with the 1995 Sense and Sensibility instead of the new one. Whoops! Thanks for the fun game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel too bad, it was really fun reading everyone's answers right or wrong, cause most of them totally fit!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes! Singing in the Rain is the best! Glad you enjoyed the game! :)

      Delete
  2. Hehee, had I been able to get to a computer this past week, I would have attempted this quiz. Though like MC above, I probably would have done really terrible considering that I haven't seen half of these films (I know, shocking!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, you missed on the fun... but don't despair, dear Lady, we are planning another soon!

      Delete
    2. Yes, you must join the next one, Catherine! (And yes, that is shocking! You must remedy that post hast! :)

      Delete