Wednesday, March 18, 2020

10 Things to Do While You Are Staying Home!


Hello, again!  
Recently, President Trump has asked that everyone stay home and not meet in groups larger than 10 to combat the spreading of the Coronavirus.  This may seem inconvenient to limit your comings and goings, but just think, people, why are we complaining when we are now being encouraged to cancel all those appointments? It's a blessing in disguise!! Just think of all the stuff we can get done!  Here's just a few ideas:


#10. Reading
If you are like me, you have a stack of new books awaiting to become your friend through their pages, as well as old friends calling to you to come re-visit their delectable volumes. Here is the time to re-read your entire collection as well as catch up with that growing TBR list!


#9. Sewing
This is a picture of my repair pile, which as you can see is overflowing and begging me to come lessen it's contents! I also want to make myself some more summer skirts and try my hand at a shirt or two. (Maybe a peasant blouse, that might be easiest!)


#8. Gardening
It's getting to be that time, people! Mamma just came in this morning with our first lettuce from the greenhouse! We've worked over a few of our raised beds and bought all our seeds, but there is still much planting and soil-building-up to do. Also the barn needs to be cleaned! (fantasizes about dancing with pitchforks and rakes with Katherine!)  


#7. Watch Movies
Have a long list of recommendations from all your friends that rivals the record of all the food stocked on the Titanic? You can become a couch potato and knock off a few, or you can be industrious and knit, crochet, piece a quilt, or put up that box of apples that is slowly rotting in your pantry while you watch!!


#6. Write, Write, Write
Fellow writers, "NaNoWriMo" (National Novel Writing Month) is coming upon us and what perfect timing! No reason to procrastinate..... right??? Do you remember when I mentioned that I was going to actually do something with that story idea of mine? Well, now I can.....putting aside that I said that two months ago and there is no reason I couldn't accomplish it before that!! Online research, here I come! Does anyone know a good place to learn about the French Postal Office during the World War II occupation of France?


#5. Learn a New Skill/Polish an Old One
It is always a good idea to add another shingle, so to speak, to your repertoire.
Pull out your tap shoes and give your neighbors in the apartment below you a headache with your vigorous practice! Then dust off your piano or violin and soothe away their headache, and then perfect the best chicken noodle soup to leave at their door as an apology for all the flats, sharps and squeaks that crept into the song!
I've been meaning to start those French books my beloved Mother gave me for my birthday and I may begin doing some research into my family ancestry which should be really interesting!


#4. Finish All Those Projects 
Spray WD40 on that squeaky hinge, get a new coat on that ugly coffee table you got for a steal at a yard sale and forgot to paint, and have you noticed all the clutter around this place?   Landscaping? You could create a garden that will be the envy of Pemberley!


#3. Spring Cleaning
Pretend you have been transported back into Victorian times and don your cap and feather duster and make Lord and Lady Grantham proud! Rearrange the house! Sweep! Dust! Mop! Polish!  Then smugly run your manicured finger along your bookshelf's edge and condescendingly tsk tsk over the speck dust clinging to your finger!


#2. Sleep
When you have exhausted yourself with all that cleaning, you can catch up on some much needed sleep! I've heard you should get 8-10 hours of sleep each night so... bonne nuit ma petite chou!


#1. Fill in the blank
I'm sure there is something else I can't think of right now, so comment below with more ideas!

The most important thing is not to give in to fear. Stay healthy, and Ac-Cent Tchu-Ate the Positive!

Have a great day, ya'll!

Grace 

14 comments:

  1. All great ideas! I'm behind on reading and have several projects that I've been meaning to start, so this is the perfect time. That spring cleaning meme is so accurate. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that meme! SO TRUE! I just ordered 4 skeins of yarn from Joanns to finish a baby afghan I started! Yay!! :)

      Delete
    2. And tell us what are your projects? :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks MovieCritic! What's on your to read list?

      Delete
    4. I hope to embroider something for my sister's graduation (still trying to figure out what). Right now I'm reading Middlemarch - by George Eliot and I am planning on rereading North and South - by Elisabeth Gaskell. :)

      Delete
    5. Oooh, that sounds fun! How is North and South compared to the movie? A friend of ours says it's much better, which is no surprise! Do you do alot of embroidery?

      Delete
  2. all of these are great suggestions!! Unfortunately for me, my job has decided that it is an essential business and i have to work...... yay me. But i shall definitely try these on my day off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lia! Oh, no, you poor girl! We'l shed some goodwill tears for your absence from thine abode!! (Hee Hee) Let us know what projects you undertake! :) Stay safe!

      Delete
    2. Oh poor you! Do endeavor to keep thy good health!

      Delete
  3. I work from home as a part time tutor and scanning old books for a church music website, so I'm still working a little, but I do still have lots of free time and these are great ideas! The photos you put with the post are just lovely too. <3. Since my entire family is home now, we have added more family prayer time as well. This has been a great blessing. Let us continue to pray for the health and safety of all and the end of the coronavirus. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your family prayer time is such a great idea! Yes, let it be so! God bless you and your family too, Sarah!

      Delete
    2. Awww, thanks so much Sarah, it's good to hear from you! Praying together as a family is a HUGE a blessing!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Katherine and Grace! <3

      Delete
  4. I love this list!! :D The spring cleaning one is hilarious!!
    Hmm, I think I shall be working on art, and trying to catch up with my To Be Draw list. :)

    ReplyDelete