Sunday, July 28, 2019

Let the Party Begin!!


Ladies, & Gentlemen!  
It pleases me to announce that as of this moment....*drum-roll sounds*....
The Anne of Green Gables Blog Party has OFFICIALLY BEGUN!!

rachel lynde anne of green gables - Google Search

Yay, we are finally here!  Welcome, welcome, Kindred Spirits!

Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books!  I mean, how could you not fall in love with a town where everyone knows each other's business, and the town hall gets painted the wrong color??  Where you know you'd be quickly ushered into a parlor if you were to stop to pay a call to someone, and a pot of tea would be promptly set to brewing!

Truth be told, I have not read the whole Anne series!  *You may now all gasp* I've read up to Anne of Ingleside.  My favorite main characters are Anne (of course), and Marilla.  My favorite "Anne bits" are in the first book.  Her character is so touching when she comes to live at Green Gables.  She just wants to belong, but doesn't even think of receiving love.  Instead, she is taken aback when Diana tells her how she loves her.  The sweetest thing, I think, is how Anne trusted Marilla so much to tell her of Katie Maurice, and Violetta; memories she would never share with just anyone, but she chooses to tell Marilla, whom she barely knows.   If that wouldn't pull at Marilla's heartstrings what would?  
I love how Marilla gives Anne so much more credit than it would appear.  If it weren't for Maud Montgomerey's narrative, you might think Marilla a very cross person, but as you read what Marilla is truly thinking to herself, you find her much more endearing.  I love how Marilla, being bitterly disappointed over Anne turning down Gilbert's proposal, gives Anne the admonition, 'You'll have more sense some day, I hope!'  Yes!  Score one for Marilla!  She said what we all are screaming at Anne as we read the painful pages of Anne of the Island, where she crushes Gilbert's heart!
But then, there's the assisting characters!  Philippa Gordon for one is so much fun!  And then there's Rebecca Dew *Fun Fact: I once named a red Bantam hen of ours after her*, Davy Keith, and Mrs. Rachel.  Speaking of Rachel Lynde: does anyone get a little upset to see her being falsely portrayed in Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel? The scriptwriter gave Rachel Lynde Mr. Harrison's part where he gets so miffed at Anne for her cow getting into his garden! That was not her part!  Mmmhmm!  Highly Inaccurate!

Since I'm into cake decorating, I have to share the below Anne of Green Gables themed cake!
Isn't it pretty?

Anne of Green Gables by Topping Queen by Diana Adler


Attention Bloggers

Fellow bloggers who wish to contribute posts into the Blog Party, (Us-"Hip, Hip, Hooray!"), please paste the links to your posts down below in the comment section of this ("Let the Party Begin") post.  At the end of the party we will include all the links in a post so everyone can go read them!

Well, this will be fun, won't it?  Just think.....A Party!  And for FOUR WHOLE DAYS!!  Someone break out the raspberry cordial, I'll spread a blanket here on the grass, and Grace, run and get the gingersnaps and fruitcake!  I hope you enjoy yourselves as much as we will!



9 comments:

  1. I've got a post for you! Just finished this morning: https://catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com/2019/07/lessons-i-have-learned-from-anne-shirley.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another - this one by my sister. https://lilahsmusicals.blogspot.com/2019/07/green-gables-fables.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my contribution to the party: https://lionhearted.art.blog/2019/07/31/anne/
    Thank you all so much for hosting this. It was lots of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a long time I, too, had only read until Anne of Ingleside, but when I finally read the last two they were really good!

    Thank you so much for hosting this party! I had my post up last night but forgot to link to it, so here it is:
    https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-anne-experiences-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Grace likes the last books the best as they have Anne's children in them! You are so welcome- we enjoyed it! Thank YOU SOO much for "attending" the party- we couldn't have done it without you! Now...to go read your post! :)

      Delete