Thursday, April 8, 2021

Ok....IT'S OFFICIAL!!

Have you ever wished that you could be Anastasia, singing "In a Crowd of Thousands" opposite Dmitri??  Or Marion Paroo, pouring out your hopes and dreams in "My White Knight"?  No, wait! What about Eponine and her heart-wrenching "On My Own"??  Or Esther's exciting "The Trolley Song"?  Or Christine's "All I ask of you" duet with Raoul?  Or Margy's melancholy "It Might as Well be Spring"? 

Or, Or, Or....

Well, we are about to make your singing dreams come true!  It gives me great pleasure to announce that Grace and I are hosting our first Musical Karaoke Party and you are All invited!!  We are calling it......

*drumroll*


*happy dance*

  This party is going to be set for two weeks (hence the fortnight in the title) starting on May 23 and ending June 6 and will be an event to share your own covers of your favorite musical numbers and have loads of fun while doing it!

There will be games, a tag, and to wrap up the whole party, there will be a *ahem* very special and secretive post by yours truly!


The Rules & Gruesome Details:

- All song submissions must be family-friendly, free of language, innuendo, and anything else of an inappropriate nature. Bottom line, don't choose a song you wouldn't feel comfortable singing or playing in front of YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY and we are talking

Your Mom


Your Dad

Your Brothers

Your Sisters

Your Grandmother

Your Grandfather


Your eccentric relatives





If you find yourself in doubt over a certain song, bear on the side of caution and please make another choice.


- Duplicates are perfectly acceptable - if that's the song then that's the song!


- Multiple posts/songs are perfectly acceptable HIGHLY WELCOME for this party!!


- Just have fun - don't stress whether your recording sounds perfect - we can tell you ours won't be!  Just enjoy yourself!


Are you excited yet??  Well, what are you still doing here?

Go get that microphone dusted off, scour the internet for your karaoke tracks, commandeer your unsuspecting family members and friends

(the suspecting ones, too),

share the party button on your blogs to spread the joyous news, and lets get ready to sing together!!

You know that 🎜 it's a grand time for singing 🎝!

HeHe!


Love, 

Katherine & Grace

7 comments:

  1. (Curse you page for reloading when I was nearly done! XD) Yippee!! This is awesome! Between now and when in starts my sister and I are going to bombard you guys with questions to help narrow down our HUGE list. XD Any yes or no you give us will help a lot! :D Questions:
    1. Is playing an instrument ALONG WITH singing allowed?
    2. From your rules I'm guessing that The Other Side from The Greatest Showman is out? It has that word in there, but my sister and I always say "Bamm" (our performance is an explosion, lol! XD), but I totally see why that wouldn't work. Just thought I'd check. :)
    3. How do you define musical? Say, for example, if there was a TV show about a band so there are lots of songs but they are planned performances instead of spontaneous singing (or something like only 3 spontaneous times so the vast majority is scheduled) would it be acceptable to have any of the songs from there? (I admit, I'm thinking about Julie and the Phantoms).
    My sister and I have a big task of choosing only one. Can't wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! We are so excited!!!! Bring on the questions sistah, we will happily answer them all to the best of our ability!! As to the ones you have already posed...
      1. Playing an instrument is totally acceptable! You go girls!
      2. Let me just say that is the perfect word to substitute in that song! And yes it would be fine to sing that song with the above substitution.
      3. We'd like to stay more with the traditional sense of a musical, does that make sense? If you could find a song not from a TV show that would be great!
      Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and just so you know, you guys are more than WELCOME to sing more than one song!

      Delete
    2. I'm so thrilled you both are joining us for this party! Eeek!! You've made us so happy!!
      :):)

      Delete
  2. Yaaaayyyyy!!!! I'm so excited for this!! Eeek! I've already started looking up a karaoke track in the right key. I'm hoping I can do more than one song because there are just too many good ones to choose from. :) Hopefully I have time. And I absolutely can't wait to see everyone else's entries! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WooHoo!!! It's gonna be EPIC!!! Oh yes, we are having the same troubles of choosing a song and then finding a good track!! We found a YouTube channel called Clark On Stage where he sings the male part of a duet so you can sing the female part, which is so awesome and it opens up a lot more possibilities... not sure if that will help with your narrowing down, but I thought I'd throw it out there!!

      Delete
    2. That's fantastic! Yes, we've been having a lot of fun (and tears) over practicing ourselves! :) Can't wait till the party is here! *happy dance*

      Delete
    3. Oh, yes - do sing more than one!! The more the merrier!! :) :)

      Delete