Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Sunshine Blogger Award 2020!


Hello, lovely people! How is everyone out there is the world? We have been super busy lately, which is why we have thrown our posting schedule out the window, but we are back to mend our wicked ways!! Clarissa over at Musings of an Introvert graciously nominated us for the Sunshine Blogger Award and we are sooo happy!! I (Grace) was actually looking around for a tag to borrow/steal to nudge us back into the blogging groove, but Clarissa took care of that for me!! Thank you so much, Clarrisa!


Sunshine Blogger Award Rules 

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.

2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.

3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.

4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.


Onto the questions...


What is your favorite hobby?

K- Writing!

G- Is reading a hobby? If not I really enjoy Scrap-booking.


What is the best book you've read so far this year?

K- The Blue Castle by L.M Montgomery!  Such a sweet story.

G- Ahhh, I don't know!!!! It's a tie between A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, and the Prisoner Of Zenda by Hope Anthony.


What is the worst book you've read so far this year?

K- She Walks In Beauty by Siri Mitchel!  Don't get me started - if you value your happiness......don't put yourself through this book!

G- Umm, Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson.


What is your favorite color and how do you use it in your life?

K- I love lots of colors, how can I pick one single one??  I'd say the most I use my favorite colors is through Canva.com!  I just love creating collages, new blog headers, etc!

G- I don't really have a favorite color either.. annnnd I don't really have more of one color than another in my life! 


Do you drink tea and if so, what brand is your favorite?

K- I do drink tea occasionally, but do I have a favorite brand?  I know - growing up I used to drink Bigelow's I Love Lemon tea and I loved, loved that flavor, so I'll put down Bigelow as my favorite tea brand. :)

G- I love the idea of drinking tea more than I actually drink tea!! It is my go to though when I am not feeling well. I don't have a favored brand that I can think of.


Since we're slowly coming up on the holidays, what is your favorite treat in December?

K- This is a tossup between Eggnog (that sweet nectar to which my soul craves...), and our Hanukkah Keglies (donuts)!!

G- Our homemade donuts that Katherine and I always make for Hanukkah, my goodness they are some good!!


Do you play board games and if so, what is your favorite?

K- Yes, I play board games! I'll pick Clue as a favorite; I just played this recently with some friends and it was really fun!

G- We don't play as many as I would like; out of the four of us still at home, only Katherine and I like playing games, but I do enjoy them. My favorite from our VERY limited collection would have to be either Monopoly or Balderdash, especially the latter!


What is your favorite movie that was made during the Hays Code, 1934 - 1968?

K- I just have to go with The Sound of Music. It is such a purely wonderful story!

G- I am not good with choosing favorites!! The Great Escape is the first one that comes to mind from those years. I love that one!!


Who is your favorite singer/group?

K- Hmm, I really love the Piano guys - I'd say they are probrobly the only group/artist I follow.  Other than that I pick and choose songs I like from varied singers.

G- I have such a vast and varied favorite music that is randomly a song here and there from different artists, so I don't have a favorite. That being said, Josh Groban will always be a favorite as will Lev Tahor and Barbara Streisand.


Do you prefer CDs, digital music, or (GASP) vinyl?

K- As I tend to pick and choose from artists' music, I think I prefer digital music.  That way I can get this song sung by that guy, that 4th song on that singer's album, etc.

G- I LOVE my vinyl records (I have a stash of classical and folk music), but right now digital music is the most convenient. 


What got you started in the blogging realm?

K- I started discovering blogs and found blogger where you could seemingly easily set up your own blog and I said, "Hey, Grace - this might be fun"!

G- Katherine told me about a blog she found called Wonderland Creek and from there I took off reading a bunch of other blogs, then we said "We could do this and it would be so much fun!" And here we are!


Our Nominees:

Beth @http://bethinboots.blogspot.com/

Chalice @https://lionhearted.art.blog/

Sarah @http://hisvoiceissweet.blogspot.com/

Catherine @http://catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com/

Miss Woodhouse @http://notesfromahartfieldgirl.blogspot.com/

Natalie @https://starryramblings.blogspot.com/

Cordy @http://writeoncordy.blogspot.com/

Lia @http://lilahsmusicals.blogspot.com/

Amaris @http://thestorybookjournal.blogspot.com/

PioneerGirl @The Tearoom

Bella @ Wanderlust and Story Dust


Our Questions

1. If you had to spend a year in any place in the world, where would it be?

2. Who is someone you look up to in life?

3. What is your favorite history fact/story?

4. What's a new interest that you've discovered? 

5.What would you sing at Karoke Night?

6. What historical event would you have liked to witness firsthand if you could have?

7. Would you rather learn how to keep bees and harvest honey or learn the uses for all the different wild herbs, plants and trees? 

8. What are two of your pet peeves?

9. Do you collect anything?

10. What motivates you to work hard?

11. What movie quotes do you use on a regular basis?


Ok, Laidies, we hope you have fun with this tag!  

Again, thank you so much for your nomination, Clarissa!


~ Katherine & Grace ~

8 comments:

  1. I love playing the board game Clue! It is so tremendously fun! Good to see a post from you two again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so mucuh for the tag!! I love your answers. The Sound of Music is sooo so lovely. And I love Josh Groban and the Piano Guys. Balderdash is a super fun boardgame. :D And I absolutely love Katherine's "Eggnog (that sweet nectar to which my soul craves...)"!!! Yes! XD I absolutely cannot wait for winter and eggnog. <3

    I love the questions. I cannot wait to answer them. And I'm still working on the Shakespeare tag; I'm sorry it's so long in coming but I was trying to read Richard III to better answer a question. XD Anyway, thanks again!! <3

    And thank you for bringing sunshine to our days! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! No need to apologize about the Shakespeare tag, I put it off till I finished Hamlet! I can't wait to read your answers!!

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your answers! It is great seeing you post again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for tagging me! I'm really looking forward to answering your questions! (I'll get on it asap)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcome, PioneerGirl! I'm looking forward to reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete